Monday 7 December 2015

Dermacol Seduction Lipstick

For those of you who aren't familiar with this brand (as I wasn't until a couple of months ago when I stumbled upon a Dermacol saleswoman in a car-boot sale!), here's a little info:

Dermacol started up in Prague, Czech Republic, back in the 60's, one of their bestselling items is 'Dermacol Makeup Cover', an extremely high coverage foundation widely used for face and body and for covering acne, rosacea and other skin conditions - this is actually my favourite Dermacol item to date (you can read more about it on their official website by clicking here, and I will be doing a post about the best ways to apply it very soon!).

They also claim that their products are not tested on animals, which is a huge plus for me!


I picked up this lipstick (among some other Dermacol goodies that I'll tell you about soon) in the Dermacol store in the Palladium shopping centre in Prague.
The only reason I actually bought it, was because I was suckered in by the super cute packaging.  >.< I got mine in the shade "07" because I like this kind of nude shade (they have some lovely nudes) and I thought this one in particular was quite unique as it has purplish/brownish undertones.

I love the shape of the bullet itself, and the detail of the little Dermacol logo pressed onto it.  
The website claims that this range is high coverage and has a creamy texture.  I agree with half of that statement.  It is extremely creamy, it doesn't tug at the lips, your lips feel very moisturised and it's extremely comfortable to wear.  However, I wouldn't call this a 'high coverage' lipstick.  It's not sheer, but it's got just the right amount of colour and is fairly buildable.  
For an intense lip colour though, you would definitely want to wear a lipliner with it.    

Here's a link if you'd like to have a look at the rest of the range:  Dermacol Seduction Lipstick

As far as I'm aware there are currently no Dermacol stores in Ireland, and even their website doesn't indicate how you can order their products.  The good news is that even if you're not planning on visiting a country that has Dermacol, you can buy many of their products online via the likes of eBay.

Thanks for reading, I hope this was of some interest or at least somewhat helpful!
Chat again soon.  Bye!
Shiv x




No comments:

Post a Comment